New Discoveries: The Night VI

I officially love this new "Suggested Post" thing that Facebook has been doing because it has helped me come by quite a few new and talented artists of late, and now it's gone and found me these guys...

The Night VI are a six-piece band (3 girls, 3 guys) from all over England and even Paris and they're pretty darn great. Have a listen to their latest single from their debut EP "Still Thinking Of You"...


This song is extremely good, especially for a debut. When I eventually get my hands on the full EP I can tell that it's definitely something that I'll overplay quite a bit. It's just nice ambient music that has safely escaped the omnipresent twin pitfalls of "elevator music syndrome" and "hotel lobby music disease" that indie/alternative music so often falls into these days.

I will certainly be keeping a sharp eye out for this band in the near future. Hopefully I might even see them playing at next year's Glastonbury - who knows? Until then they've got an EP launch gig coming up in August (the 14th) at The Lexington in London. If you know it, if you'll be in the area, I'd definitely suggest grabbing tickets at the link above and passing through.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment